How do I…?
If you need help with your PitPat, have a quick look below first. If you still need help, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
PitPat’s “co-ownership” feature lets you share your dog with anyone else you regard as a “co-owner” of your dog. For privacy reasons, we recommend that you don’t share the ownership of your dog with other people like friends and acquaintances without thinking carefully about whether you want them to have full access to your dog’s details. To share your dog:
- Make sure the other person has downloaded the app and created their own user account using their own email address. Make sure they have NOT also created a profile for your dog.
- Tap your dog’s portrait to slide up your dog’s profile.
- Scroll down until you see “Share this dog” and tap the button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- It may take a few minutes for your dog to show up on the other person’s phone.
The battery in your PitPat should last around 1 year, after which it can easily be replaced. For PitPat 2, you’ll need a CR2032 coin cell battery like the ones very commonly used in car remotes. You can get one in many supermarkets, other stores, online or in our shop.
Before you change the battery, please ensure you fetch the latest data from your PitPat.
To change the battery, just take your PitPat off your dog’s collar, slide out the VELCRO® Brand Strap and give the battery-cover a quarter turn anticlockwise. Take out the old battery, put in the new one (+ side up), and replace the battery-cover securely.
Some batteries have a clear sticker on one side. If you see this, peel it off before using it.
After 10 minutes, try fetching again to make sure the connection is reactivated.
We sell VELCRO® Brand Strap sets which include 1 x standard length (100mm) and 1 x extra long (120mm) piece. The standard length fits most collars, but if you are attaching it to a wide collar or harness you may need the extra long length.
If your dog is a member of PitPat LIFE and their PitPat needs a new strap, please get in touch with our customer support team. We’ll be happy to send you a free one as a Perk of your dog’s membership.
To make sure your dog’s PitPat is attached securely:
- Thread the strap through both of the slots on the back of the PitPat.
- Make sure the fluffy side of the strap is facing outwards.
- Wrap the strap TIGHTLY around your dog’s collar.
- Make sure the ends of the strap overlap each other well.
You should not need to remove the PitPat device from your dog’s collar very often once it has been attached. If you wish to remove it then make sure that it is securely reattached, keeping it clear of fur.
We advise that you clean your VELCRO® Brand Strap regularly, especially if your pup likes to get muddy or tends to moult. You can find a good guide here: https://www.velcro.co.uk/blog/2018/06/how-to-clean-velcro-brand-fasteners/
Whenever your PitPat LIFE dog’s PitPat needs a new battery or replacement VELCRO® Brand strap, you can have them on us.
As long as your subscription is active, all you need to do is email our customer support team at [email protected] and they will be happy to send these out to you.
Yes! If your dog is in PitPat LIFE and they lose or damage their PitPat, we’ll replace it free of charge up to once per year provided they were already a member at the time of the loss or damage.
As long as your subscription is active, just contact our customer support team at [email protected] and they will get you going with a new one under our loss/damage protection.
Not in PitPat LIFE? Get in touch anyway – you might get a sneaky discount on a new one.
When you tap Fetch data and press the orange button on your PitPat, your dog’s data should flow easily up to your phone via Bluetooth. But if it doesn’t, here are a few things you can try before contacting us:
- Check your phone/tablet is compatible.
- Check that your phone has Bluetooth® switched on. Sometimes this can get switched off accidentally so it’s worth checking if your PitPat used to work, but doesn’t now.
- Unlike other Bluetooth devices, you DO NOT have to “pair” PitPat from within your phone’s settings. Don’t try to do this, and don’t worry that you don’t get asked for a PIN etc.
- Make sure you’ve “attached” your PitPat to your dog’s profile. Tap on your dog’s portrait until the profile slides up (with your dog’s name, breed, weight, etc.) Scroll down to “Attach my PitPat”, tap the button and follow the on-screen instructions. If it already says “PitPat attached”, you’ve already done this bit.
- Fetch your dog’s data by tapping “Fetch data” in the menu, and then immediately clicking the orange button on the PitPat device (you don’t have to press and hold it).
- Make sure your PitPat is working by clicking the orange button and wait for a brief flash of a red light in the button surround. If there’s no flash, the battery may need replacing.
- If it’s been about a year since you last replaced the battery, even if the red light does flash, now is a good time to replace the battery. The battery may still have enough power to flash, but not enough to fetch your dog’s data.
- It’s painful to say it, but don’t forget to try the old “switch it off and on again” trick on your phone. Make sure you shut your phone COMPLETELY down (press and hold the power switch), and back on again.