How do I…?
If you need help with your PitPat, have a quick look below first. If you still need help, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
PitPat’s “co-ownership” feature, lets you share your dog with anyone else you regard as a “co-owner” of your dog. For privacy reasons, we recommend that you don’t share the ownership of your dog with other people like friends and acquaintances without thinking carefully about whether you want them to have full access to your dog’s details. To share your dog:
- Make sure the other person has downloaded the app and created their own user account using their own email address. Make sure they have NOT also created a profile for your dog.
- Tap your dog’s portrait to slide up your dog’s profile.
- Scroll down until you see “Share this dog” and tap the button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- It may take a few minutes for your dog to show up on the other person’s phone.
For PitPat 2, you’ll need a CR2032 coin cell battery like the ones very commonly used in car remotes. You can get one in many supermarkets, other stores, online or in our shop. To change the battery, just take your PitPat off your dog’s collar, slide out the Velcro and give the battery-cover a quarter turn anticlockwise. Take out the old battery, put in the new one (+ side up), and replace the battery-cover securely.
When you tap Fetch data and press the orange button on your PitPat, your dog’s data should flow easily up to your phone via Bluetooth. But if it doesn’t, here are a few things you can try before contacting us:
- Check your phone/tablet is compatible. The PitPat app requires Bluetooth® 4.0 and iOS 8.0+ or Android 5.0+.
- Check that your phone has Bluetooth® switched on. Sometimes this can get switched off accidentally so it’s worth checking if your PitPat used to work, but doesn’t now.
- Unlike other Bluetooth devices, you DO NOT have to “pair” PitPat from within your phone’s settings. Don’t try to do this, and don’t worry that you don’t get asked for a PIN number etc.
- Make sure your PitPat is working by clicking the orange button and what for a brief flash of a red light in the button surround. If not, the battery may need replacing.
- Make sure you’ve “attached” your PitPat to your dog’s profile. Tap on your dog’s portrait until the profile slides up (with your dog’s name, breed, weight, etc.) Scroll down to “Attach my PitPat”, tap the button and follow the on-screen instructions. If it already says “PitPat attached”, you’ve already done this bit.
- Fetch your dog’s data by tapping “Fetch data” in the menu, and then immediately clicking the orange button on the PitPat device (you don’t have to press and hold it).
- It’s painful to say it, but don’t forget to try the old “switch it off and on again” trick on your phone. Make sure you shut your phone COMPLETELY down (press and hold the power switch), and back on again.