16 Nov 8 Surprising foods that are bad for your dog
So, we all know not to feed your dog chocolate and grapes, but there are other human foods that can cause harm to your pooch.
1. Avocado: Contains a toxic component called persin that can damage a dog’s heart and lungs. It is also high in fat and can cause tummy upsets.
2. Coffee, tea and coco: Contains theobromine and caffeine that can cause vomiting and diarrhoea.
3. Cooked bones: Raw bones are nutritious for your dog but cooked bones can splinter and lodge in the throat or stomach.
4. Hops: Dogs can go into shock if they digest hops used by home brewers, they must be disposed of very carefully.
5. Macadamia Nuts: Create weakness and stiffness in the legs by attacking the nervous system.
6. Mushrooms: Can contain toxins that affect the nervous system and in severe cases can cause shock.
7. Onions: Can cause anaemia and even kidney failure. Just one could cause harm.
8. Potato, tomato, rhubarb, stem leaves: contains oxalates, which cam upset the digestive system and urinary tract.
Of course small amounts are unlikely to cause to cause serious harm to your hound, but long term these things are good to know!
Now you know what not to feed your dog, why not find out what’s great for them and give PitPat Food a go. It’s gentle on tummies so you’ll be dealing with smaller, firmer, and less smelly poos, and has been carefully formulated by our expert nutritionists so your dog can get everything they need.
With food sorted, why not check our dog activity monitor? PitPat keeps track of your pooch’s health and well-being, you can see how many calories they have burnt and how much time spent walking, running, and playing!
© 2019 Pitpatpet Ltd